Office Space Requirements
If you are planning an office move and need help deciding exactly how much space is required you may want to use the services of a professional office space planner or serviced office broker. In order to run your business efficiently you need to plan your office space meticulously to optimize workflow and create a pleasant working atmosphere. Sophisticated, corporate offices benefiting from stylish design and state of the art technology will give the right impression to clients, business associates and employees and will inspire creativity.
We have compiled a checklist to help in your office space planning:
- Timing: When do you need to move and how long do you expect it will it take?
- Budget: What is the maximum you can afford to spend on office space?
- Location: City centre or rural? Close to transport links? Within easy reach of your target market?
- Office features: What are the essential features you require? Furnishings, desks, filing cabinets?
- Staff: How many employees do you have and what type of work spaces will they require?
- Office Layout: Do you need an open plan work area, private offices, storage areas and customer facing reception area? Will you need conference rooms, lunch or break out areas?
- Lease Options: Are you looking for flexible or long term leases options? What length of lease do you need? What are the terms for extending or lengthening the lease?
- Serviced Offices: Are all the services you require included? Reception staff, IT infrastructure, cleaning?
- Work Areas: What type of equipment will you need? Do you have enough electrical outlets? Is air conditioning included?
- Parking: How much parking do you need, enough for both employees and customers? Are there extra costs involved?
- Security: What level of security do you require? CCTV, key cards, security guards?
- Utilities: Are the utilities included in the rental costs?
- Internet Connectivity: Is high-speed broadband installed?
- Maintenance: Who is responsible for maintenance and repairs?
With careful pre-planning you will be able to fully utilize your office space and establish an excellent business base.